Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Wealth Services is comprised of Corporate Equity Solutions, Graystone Consulting, Workplace Wealth, Corporate Retirement, and Corporate Cash. The Institutional Consulting business, which includes the Graystone Consulting business, has over $270B in client assets under management. This position will sit in the MSWM risk organization and will work alongside the Graystone/Institutional business to provide supervisory reviews of various client facing materials.
Graystone Consulting offers the unique combination of an institutional consulting boutique with the global resources of one of the world's preeminent financial organizations. A separate and independent business unit of Morgan Stanley, Graystone Consulting has more than $260 billion1 of institutional advisory assets and more than 40 years of experience advising clients as a fiduciary. The foundation of Graystone Consulting's boutique structure is highly experienced local teams offering customized solutions and personalized service to foundations and endowments, defined benefit and defined contribution plans, Taft Hartley and municipal retirement plans, family offices and other corporate entities. As of July 2017 there are 56 Graystone teams nationwide. Position Summary:
The Institutional Consulting Review Specialist will be responsible for working with Graystone/Institutional management team to address business, policy and strategic issues pertaining to Request for Proposal ("RFP"), and reviewing RFP submission documents and Finals presentations for the Institutional and Graystone Consulting business.
This position will:
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a resource database/ library of best practice materials for use by Graystone teams
- Review RFP submissions and Finals presentations as outgoing correspondence and as a subject matter expert prior to teams sending out documentation to potential clients
- Facilitate and assist in promoting best practices and idea sharing among Graystone/Institutional teams
- Work with Graystone/Institutional management team to address business, policy and strategic issues pertaining to RFP's.
- Five to seven years of financial industry work experience. Experience in the institutional consulting business or marketing reviews where a similar skill set was developed and demonstrated is necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with business partners
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-starter capable of solving problems and managing projects from start to finish. Must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and a will to succeed.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft, Excel Word and PowerPoint
- Series 7 and 24 required
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.