PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
Our Core Assurance practice provides independent reporting to stakeholders. We perform:
- Financial statement and internal control audits
- Business and performance reporting
- Social, environmental, and other compliance reviews
As part of our Assurance team, you will gain specialized knowledge. We collaborate with clients. We go inside companies, get to know their businesses, and then assure that the financial information they report to the public is clear and reliable.
We stand firm on quality and integrity, and we have a direct impact on how well the world's capital market system functions.
And we're transforming!
Check this out: http://pwc.to/auditvideo
Our Assurance professionals are constantly challenged with a high learning curve. You will learn through training programs and on-the-job interaction with co-workers and clients. You'll have mentors and formal coaches.
PwC is all about our people. We want high performance and high quality, and we want you to be challenged and fulfilled here. Join us and weâ€™ll help you explore the career opportunities in PwC Assurance.
Don't take our word for it. See for yourself: http://pwc.to/pwcpeople
PwCâ€™s Professional Development Program (PDP) is a National program specializing in helping clients assess talent/learning gaps, design learning programs, develop & deliver technical training and conduct performance improvement assessments. The Program has been around for over 25 years, however, has expanded significantly in the past 4-5 years and is anticipated to continue growing, especially given the continued concern many organizations face around skill gaps and their desire to ramp up hiring in the short-term.
PDPâ€™s suite of learning solutions include scheduled seminars, eLearning self-studies, webcasts and customizable on-site seminars.
As a public service, PDPâ€™s scheduled seminar program is designed to educate the business community and advance PwC as a technical accounting, tax and regulatory thought leader.
Our on-site training program is designed to work with clients to create a tailored/customized program designed to meet their unique learning needs and align to their business strategies and goals.
PwC's PDP helps our clients with skills and competency assessment, training needs assessment, training strategy, training design (courses, workshops, e-learning), training delivery, evaluation.
PDP's Instructional Design (ID) team leads the design, development and delivery of client facing learning and performance improvement solutions across Lines of Service, Sectors, and Markets to deliver high-quality, leading-edge, on-site (instructor-led) training and eLearning self-studies to external (e.g. client, alumni) audiences. The ID team consults with PDP Senior Management and project teams on technology selection, best practices in design to achieve program objectives, and materials preparation. PDP IDs serve as a Subject Matter Specialist (SMSs) in educational topics, consulting with PDP Senior Managers and project teams on the most efficient/effective ways to accomplish desired objectives/outcomes. Working with PDP Project Managers and SMS team, the ID team leads the content creation/development process for PDP's client facing curriculum.
They prepare and coach session presenters, including PwC partners and presenters external to the firm. They troubleshoot in-session difficulties while minimizing their effects on presenters and participants, and work with technical specialists to address root causes and perform after-action reviews. They are able to support events across all live modalities and establish strong ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and vendor contact, working strategically to advance available opportunities in this space and achieve performance excellence.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 1 year experience working in an instructional designer role
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Instructional systems design/technology, instructional design, adult learning or closely related field required (Human Performance, Psychology, I/O Psych, Education, etc.)
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Instructional technology or adult learning preferred
Demonstrates some knowledge of, and/or proven record of success in, instructional design, adult learning theory & problem-based learning approaches, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Interacting with clients regularly to understand the clientâ€™s goals and determine the best instructional approach to meet their needs;
- Possessing strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite to create deliverables, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Word;
- Understanding of Bloomâ€™s taxonomy levels, National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) Continuing Professional Education (CPE) compliance rules for on-site (instructor-led) training, eLearning self-studies, webcasts, rules applicable to their Quality Assurance Standards (QAS);
- Understanding of eLearning self-study; on-site (instructor-led) training design; project management;
- Researching, brainstorming, creating classroom, mobile learning design to exceed client needs;
- Understanding business needs and translating to learning experiences;
explaining complex information in simple visual ways; experience using the Agile/ADDIE method; and ability to juggle multiple competing priorities while still meeting deadlines, and ability to work on multiple projects at one time; and,
- Understanding of design, set-up and facilitation; troubleshooting virtual classroom events in LiveMeeting, WebEx sessions, webcasts and video conferences; and providing on-site event support or implementation experience, a plus.
Demonstrates some abilities, and/or proven record of success in, instructional design, adult learning theory and problem-based learning approaches, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Building new relationships with PwC practice professionals clients and internal subject matter specialists; actively participating in internal client discussions meetings;
- Teaming personal growth: understanding personal team roles; communicating potential conflicts or issues to a manager; building relationships with other team members, seeking implementing guidance, feedback from senior management;
Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or all levels of internal and external audiences; with an attention toward business grammar;
- Preparing concise, accurate, high-quality deliverables or work products demonstrating attention to detail;
- Working on the simultaneous creation execution of multiple complex content development projects in a collaborative fast-paced environment; understanding project economics; keeping senior management updated on issues status; self-managing priorities and adjusting readily to shifting priorities and rapid change; and working well under pressure; and,
- Applying formal instructional design principles to assess, design, and develop learning solution objectives;
- Working knowledge of tools such as Articulate Presenter Lectora; and,
- Designing and developing training in all modalities; understanding of human performance; learning strategy development including learning technology, curriculum/competency mapping, front-end analysis; learning evaluation; and experience with learning/gaming design.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.