The Instructional Designer (ID) applies instructional design and adult learning principles and strategies to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate instructional courses, assessments, job aids, and other learning deliverables for associates in all areas of The Home Depot's operations. The ID creates deliverables for all phases of the course creation lifecycle including analysis documents, design documents, storyboards, and final learning deliverables that align to the overall business goals. The ID also collaborates effectively with peers, leaders, and business partners to translate business requirements into learning requirements and project scope, build learning solutions that align to desired outcomes, and ensure learning deliverables meet and exceed The Home Depot s quality standards.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 60% - Create learning objectives, design documents, storyboards, and other learning design deliverables. Develop learning solutions using project-based templates. Test and debug deliverables for quality assurance. Ensure leaning solutions align with desired outcomes.
- 10% - Partner with Learning Strategy Senior Managers on confirming needs analysis and instructional strategy
- 10% - Know standard eLearning development tools and software (Articulate Storyline and Presenter, Adobe Captivate).
- 10% - Proactively communicate task and project status to client group and management
- 10% - Assist in the interviewing, selection, and onboarding of contractors and associates
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Manager of Learning.
This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, HR Development, Organizational Development, I/O Psychology or related field preferred (or equivalent Home Depot experience)
- Experience in education or learning field, or similar work experience
- Experience creating training deliverables for retail organizations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Proficient knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theories
- Proficiency with software including Microsoft Office and standard eLearning development tools
- Basic knowledge of project management principles and MS Project
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!