At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon is looking for a Instrumentation & Controls Procedure Writer/Work Planner at our Braidwood Nuclear Station in Braceville, IL (65 miles SW of Chicago, IL)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plan and prepare work packages for work to be performed by the respective maintenance departments (EM, IM, MM and other supplemental groups as required by planning management) to insure that the plant maintenance is performed in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner, in compliance with the QA manual, company policies, procedures, and applicable codes and standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan and prepare work instructions that provide direction to the Maintenance Department for corrective maintenance repairs, performance of preventive maintenance and surveillance's, and the implementation of modifications. Select and approve purchase, or make procurement recommendations for all materials needed for work package execution.
- Conduct field walkdowns to identify and analyze corrective and preventive maintenance, modification and surveillance activities and to provide input for refining and improving work package quality. Interface and collaborate with Work Management, Supply, Operations, and Engineering to identify and resolve work package issues.
- Define procedures, drawings, equipment and materials required to performing planned work packages. Facilitate package preparation by preparing and/or submitting OOS's, RWP's, plant barrier impairments, welding/grinding permits, fire impairments, Operability impact statements, ALARA task outs, Regulatory/Code documentation, NOS hold/witness points, freeze seal and temporary leak repair documentation, and other requests.
- Verify work instructions are adequate and comply with all applicable station procedures including NSP's, NSWP's, ASME Code, etc. Approve and review all required work packages to ensure safety, high quality, technical rigor, and 10CFR50. 59 screening or evaluation
- Develop revise, and review maintenance procedures to facilitate and enhance work package development, maintain compliance with codes, standards, and vendor recommendation, and maintenance direction.
- Provide project management of other system planners or contractors to develop detailed elements of overall package preparation.
- Participate in work control/scheduling meetings, planning feedback/craft interface time, detailed contract requisition reviews, complex troubleshooting, Rework reviews, OPCC reviews, detailed OPEX searches, Maintenance risk/CO request reviews, Planner peer reviews, and system interaction reviews to ensure applicable station processes and applicable changes are supported.
- High school diploma with minimum of four years experience in the craft discipline that he/she is planning work packages
- 5 years minimum experience in nuclear power plant operations
- Good communication and computer skills
- 4-year or two year technical degree
- Successful completion of core supervisory/management training and development programs
- Provide technical and administrative direction/guidance to work crews via work package instructions.
- Interface with all levels of station management and Exelon Nuclear.
- Provide project management over planning initiatives and wor
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster