has an exciting opportunity in our Processing and Food Ingredients group. We are looking for an Instrument and Controls Technician
to maintain all electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic instruments and valves in reliable working condition as directed by the department manager or as needed and requested by other department managers. This job requires considerable periods being on your feet including walking, standing, climbing steps, and climbing ladders. You will be required to be able to lift, use tools, shovel, and sweep, load, unload, and carry materials up to 50 lbs, climb ladders and work at heights up to 160 ft and work in noisy and otherwise undesirable conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Remove, replace/install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, test, and calibrate all electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic instruments and valves in the plant.
- Interpret and edit ladder logic in a PLC based control system.
- Perform duties of station electrician on equipment rated up to 480 VAC.
- Work with all hand and power tools used in the craft.
- Work with all electronic and pneumatic test instruments normally used in the plant instrument shop.
- Clean up all work areas.
- Work together with other craft workers and fellow technicians.
- Must wear eye protection at all times, wear hearing protection where needed and hard hat for head protection and follow all safety rules.
- Complete an initial technical training program and participate in continuing technical training.
- Complete training classes as required on environmental, health and safety
- Performs other tasks as may be reasonably assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Two year degree in instrumentation or related field.
- 0-2 years of work experience.
- Must pass a written exam on process safety management.
- Must be able to distinguish between colors ranging from red to violet.
- Must be willing to be on call and work overtime (i.e. employee sickness, breakdown and annual maintenance shutdowns).
- Must be willing to obtain a journeyman electrician license
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.