Air Products, a company of approximately 15,000 employees, is the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. We strive to be a company of choice that is recognized by its colleagues, customers, and community as a company that draws strength, opportunity and financial growth from the diversity of its workforce. Our success will be directly attributed to having a work environment that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful of all people.To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center @ www.airproducts.com/careers and apply to Job Req #21834BR.
Air Products (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, is seeking an experienced Instrument & Electrical Technicians
for its Houston, TX Area Hydrogen / Carbon Monoxide plants, based out of the Baytown, TX facility.
The basic function of this role is to provide necessary technical and hands on support to continuously improve plant instrument/electrical and distributed control system equipment integrity, reliability, cost and on stream factor.INTEGRITY
Integrity is a vital part of the Air Product's culture and employees are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards and communicate across all channels with respect and honesty.DELIVER SAFETY
When it comes to safety at Air Products ZERO IS ACHIEVABLE.
Our goal is zero injuries and incidents. People have said that it is an impossible goal. Air Products people have the capability and determination to make "zero" happen across all aspects of our safety performance by prioritizing safety in words and actions to protect self, others and the environment. POSITIVE ATTITUDE
Demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to take on new opportunities and embrace tough challenges with a sense of ownership, energy and urgency. He / She must be able to approach work both individually and as a member of the team.
* Participate actively in department/plant safety programs. Promote safety rules and regulations as well as environmental compliance.
* Engage actively in a team environment, bring a positive attitude, maintain personal accountability and provide mentoring and coaching for team member development.
* Provide hands on support as required to resolve Instrument/Electrical field problems as they occur. Areas of technical knowledge should include, but is not limited to, testing, troubleshooting and repair of
- control valves
- plant process analytical equipment
- pressure, level and flow instrumentation
- low voltage motors/breakers and control circuits
- distributed control systems
* Investigate equipment failures, determine root cause of failure, and recommend appropriate solutions to reduce reoccurrence of/or eliminate cause of failure.
* Recommend and specify revisions to improve equipment performance and/or system reliability/capacity.
* Assist in the development, implementation and periodic review of preventative/predictive maintenance programs to reduce unplanned shutdowns and improve overall plant on stream capability.
* Keep abreast of and evaluate new methodologies, work practices, equipment, instrumentation, controls, technology, etc., for application and use within the plant.
* Participate in the planning and execution of minor and major shutdowns. Provide technical and hands on support as required during shutdowns.
* Assist in the development and ongoing improvement of the plant mechanical integrity program.
Students with a background in Industrial Systems, Machine Tool Technology, Electromechanical Technology, Mechatronics, Automotive Technology, HVAC, Process Technology, Electrical Technology, Instrumentation Technology are encouraged to apply.
Air Products is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company values the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with specific focus in technical fields. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
- Five (5) years minimum maintenance experience in a petrochemical or manufacturing environment.
- Two-year Associate degree in Electrical/Instrumentation discipline or High School diploma followed by apprenticeship training or Military experience relating to Electrical/Instrumentation.
- Entry level candidates with SkillsUSA membership and the ability to demonstrate PDP leadership competencies are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Working knowledge of SAP, basic word processing, email and spreadsheet programs a plus.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, 401K plans.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.