The Customer and Logistics Services Instrument Repairs team is recruiting for a Instrument Repairs Supervisor for 1st Shift Operations, located at the DePuy Synthes site in Monument, CO.
Johnson & Johnson Customer and Logistics Services (CLS) is a Global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution, customer service, logistics and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
The Distribution Supervisor will be accountable to:
• Supervise process of material management of raw materials and warehousing of finished goods through subordinate.
• Prioritize workloads, monitors and adjusts daily work schedules, and distributes projects to ensure schedules are met.
• Implement material management and distribution policies, standard
• Monitor the delivery scheme for raw materials
• Investigate and submit purchase orders to management
• Keep track of inventories (raw materials, intermediates and finished products), and ensures the material is available when needs
• Follow up the process of warehousing of finished goods from factory, fill orders, ships and delivers merchandise to sale warehouse, wholesale or retail outlets and customer. Facilitates the logistics
• Cooperate with relevant department to arrange the raw material inventory, inventory levels and delivery times, and establishes alignment with the other supply chain partner
• Participate in developing raw materials budget and management of this budget
• Prepare periodical reports on material status and statistics.
• Analyze changes in the inventory of material and finished goods, and makes recommendation as appropriate.
• Confer with subordinates to resolve procedural problems
• Resolve customer complaints
• Effective communication and collaborate with Senior Management and internal/external stakeholders.
• Measure, Monitor, Report and Coordinate a 100%+ Daily Shipment level and of all customer and company orders; manage order processing personnel; maintain inventory accuracy, data integrity and Customer Service goals.
• Monitor, specify, recommend, define and design system improvements to ensure a 100% daily shipping level, improved productivity, efficiency and effective customer service.
• Assist in the highest degree of protection, security and accountability for all company assets.
• Assist in all continuous improvements, and work with Order Processing Administrator/Trainer on all inventory planning, area scheduling, purchasing, reporting and management (including on system) and system training for all Order Processing Material Handlers to ensure inventory accuracy and data integrity. Help in coordination of system improvements to increase efficiency and productivity in all areas of the Distribution Center
• Consolidate and improve the 1st shift operation in the areas but not limited of order processing, sets international, and loaner functions/activities; to enhance team building and communications; to facilitate improved coordination of stocking/replenishment, the distribution of customer/company shipments; and to improve methods and processes which will reduce error rates in picking/packing/shipping/sets international/loaners. These improvements will result in effective customer service and reduce returns through improved productivity, efficiency and audit controls
• Overtime planning & scheduling, coordination of opening & closing procedures and special projects as required by the Order Fulfillment Manager or Distribution Manager
• Responsible for 1st shift employees/temps and will report directly to the Sr. DC Leader in Order Processing, dotted reporting to Sets International and Loaner within Distribution/Logistics
• Interface and maintain effective communication with all levels of Management, Supervisors and employees at all company facilities. Participate in all product planning, physical inventory to ensure proper inventory management and control techniques are utilized for inventory control and inventory management of both assets
• Establish job descriptions, performance criteria and expectations for all employees within the Order Processing department. Document all occurrences, problems, issues for reference/action. Train employees on Safety Procedures, ensure strict compliance and documentation of any accidents
• Establish & maintain proper communication through structured departmental meetings, skip-level interviews and employee feedback to enhance productivity, efficiency and provide effective results
• Plan, Direct and Control all activities pertaining to Order Processing, Inventory Stocking and Replenishment, Order Processing, Manifesting, Billing, Packaging and Shipping
• Ensure that all customer orders are accurately filled and prepared for shipment to ensure internal/external customer satisfaction
• Work hours are approximately from 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM
• A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required, a degree in Business, Engineering or related field within area of supply chain & logistics is preferred
• A minimum of 6 years progressive experience as a Warehouse/Distribution Manager or Supervisor in high volume, faced paced environment is required
• Strong Inventory Control Systems experience required to include: Item Master Files, BOM & routings, ECN, Order entry/processing, Customer File Maintenance and reporting (aggregate and detail), shipping and carrier manifest systems is preferred
• Logistics planning and project management experience should include: Space Analysis, Material Flow, Layout Design experience; assembly/kitting with BOMs & Phantom BOMs experience is preferred; carrier/broker & freight negotiations & analysis experience required; systems implementation/enhancement experience
• Demonstrated experience working in a highly matrix environment and ability to influence across organizational boundaries is required
• Demonstrated Change Leadership Skills, collaboration skills – team member, ability to contribute positively to the morale of the team are required
• Demonstrated ability to work under time constraints and manage complexity is required
• Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive way by addressing the needs of all parties, eventually bringing about a conclusive outcome is required
• Demonstrated PC skills, Microsoft Office proficiency, and project management experience is required
• Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems is required, JDEdwards software experience is preferred
• This position is located in Monument, CO and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Customer Technical Service
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.