Maintain, calibrate and repair plant electrical, instrumentation, circuitry or electronic components, and control systems. Perform routine and emergency trouble shooting activities. Responsible for maintaining logs, manuals, records, blueprints and operating procedures in a neat and professional manner. Provide written reports on control system conditions when required. Incorporates safe behavior into all activities and consistently complies with all established safety and health policies and procedures, helps to identify and eliminate or actively manage risks in all work activities.Essential Job Duties:
Basic Job Requirements:
- Repair and maintain plant electrical and electro-mechanical systems on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- Install electrical circuits and instruments as required for plant upkeep or process modifications.
- Install, inspect, repair, adjust, and remove all types of motors, compressor, generators, transformers, switches, control equipment, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems, and heating elements.
- Able and willing to work on high pressure, high temperature, high frequency, high voltage equipment.
- Able and willing to work under high level of noise, oily, chemical and heat environment.
- Ensures that the work area, equipment, and work practices comply with the regulatory codes, statues, and Arconic EHS requirements
- Become familiar with plant equipment and SCADA system for input and upkeep of the system.
- Communicates and collaborates with all personnel and contractors as needed.
- Maintains current documentation on instrumentation and parameter drawings and database.
- Establish and maintain a clean and organized spare parts inventory.
- Document problems and solutions, and recording all activities and communications.
- Demonstrate a commitment to knowledge sharing and learning culture within the team.
- Prepare data and reports as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
- Be available for overtime and call-ins, as required.
- Associate Degree or equivalent technical certificate in Electrical and/or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years experience with electrical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic industrial instrumentation as well as 4-20ma controls.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and program PAC, PLC and HMI. Support all communication protocols within the control network. (Ethernet, DH+, Modbus TCP/IP, Profinet)
- Knowledge of various types of feedback devices both analog and discrete. Functional knowledge of motors, AC and DC drives and methods for control of VFD's, both hardwire and communication.
- Ability to read and comprehend P&ID's, loop diagrams, electrical "single line" drawings, and logic documentation
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to work well as a team to accomplish the company's goals.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.