Approximately 15,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. We strive to be a company of choice that is recognized by its colleagues, customers, and community as a company that draws strength, opportunity and financial growth from the diversity of its workforce. Our success will be directly attributed to having a work environment that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful of all people.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, is seeking an I&E Technician for its Liberal, KS facility. This facility is the main helium liquid supply within North America. The Liberal Production facility has 3 production plants within the complex. This Helium Facility supplies LHE to our customer base globally.To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. You can apply specifically to Job Req# 21400BR.
This position is responsible for performing preventive and corrective maintenance on instrumentation and electrical equipment at the Liberal, KS Helium Facility and associated Truck Terminal.Applicants must be able to:
- Read blueprints, P&ID's, single-lines, ladder logic, and wiring schematics.
- Repair and troubleshoot analog and discrete instrument loops.
- Effectively use typical test and calibration equipment, including pneumatic calibrators, RTD calibrators, MA calibrators, T/C calibrators, digital and analog multi-meters, meggers, and laptops for equipment communication.
- Follow step-by-step calibration procedures.
- Use computerized systems to enter and retrieve data.
- Troubleshoot and repair 480 VAC 3 phase motor controls as well as 120 VAC control circuits.
- Troubleshoot PLC problems through knowledge of PLC logic and operations.Work with and troubleshoot the following:
- Pressure, temperature, level and flow measuring equipment
- Pneumatic Controls
- Water analytical equipment, including pH/ORP, Conductivity -Solenoids
- Limit & Proximity Switches
- Control valvesQualifications:
- High school diploma/GED - Trade/Technical degree or apprenticeship in a related field a plus but not required
- Fabrication, wiring and hook up experience of Instrumentation and Electrical equipment.
- Detail oriented and willing to document details appropriately.
- Strong troubleshooting and fault isolation skills.
- Familiar with PLC's & PLC logic
- Experience with Siemens, Bailey or other DCS systems a plus but not required.
- Experience with high voltage switching equipment (4160V and above) a plus but not required.
- Strong personal safety philosophy.
- Very strong organizational skills
- Must be team oriented and have a willingness to learn and further develop technical skills.
When it comes to safety at Air Products ZERO IS ACHIEVABLE.
Our goal is zero injuries and incidents. People have said that it is an impossible goal. Air Products people have the capability and determination to make "zero" happen across all aspects of our safety performance by prioritizing safety in words and actions to protect self, others and the environment. Integrity is a vital part of the Air Product's culture and employees are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards and communicate across all channels with respect and honesty.
Air Products is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company values the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with specific focus in technical fields. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, 401K plans.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.