Praxair is a Fortune 300 company with products and technology that serve more than 20 different industries. We're one of the world's largest industrial gases company and you see our work every day, often without realizing it.
The United States Industrial Gas (USIG) division of Praxair, Inc. is currently seeking an I&E Technician that will be based at our Curtis Bay, Maryland location. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
The overall objective of the Instrumentation and Electrical Technician is to ensure safe and reliable operation of production facilities.
Startup, operate, and maintain the air separation plant, nitrogen liquefier, and all associated tanks, controls, and truck fill systems. Troubleshoot plant shutdowns and perform corrective maintenance to allow plant restarts. Coordinate scheduling of planned maintenance and perform some preventative maintenance on plant components.
• Responsible for all plant instrument and electrical duties, in addition to performing Production Technician duties such as start/stop/troubleshoot equipment, assist with truck loading and other duties as required.
• Maintain and troubleshoot industrial instruments and analyzers including transmitters, PLC systems, meters, and automatic valves.
• Maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment (<600V> • Coordinate and perform preventive maintenance based on established procedures.
• Complete and document preventative maintenance activities associated with instrumentation and quality assurance programs.
• Read and Maintain P&IDs and Schematic wiring diagrams in compliance with SOP’s, QA, and MOC policies.
• Ensure all FDA-QA annual functional testing requirements are met (i.e. isolation circuit test, etc.)
• Maintain spare parts inventory over systems assigned to their position as identified by management and or site superintendent.
• Understand Process Loop interaction and impact on the process.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of Allen Bradley PLC’s & diagnostics.
• Assist in outage planning development with area planner using MS Project.
• Use RCA methodology on failures and support plant reviews
• Prepare and execute projects to improve facility availability and reliability
• Schedule and direct contractor activities in all related areas covered above when required
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. The technician will support the operation of our facilities to ensure they are maintained in a safe, reliable and environmentally friendly manner. The position requires technician to work on-call, as required for operational issues that may occur before and after business hours, including weekends and holidays. Some overtime, holiday, and afterhours work will be required. Employee must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding and man-lifts. Position may also require providing turnaround support within the region. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships with maintenance and operations personnel in a team environment.
1. Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or equivalent combination of work experience and technical training required.
2. Associate Degree from a technical school is desired.
3. At least 3 years of related experience, but willing to train experienced Operators.
4. Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
5. Proven understanding of control and instrumentation systems in industrial environment.
6. Proven experience in CMMS systems such as Honeywell DocRx and Infor EAM.
7. Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.