GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Instrumentation & Microelectronics Maintenance-3rd Shift
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Instrumentation & Microelectronics Maintenance employee will maintain, diagnose, repair, calibrate and modify electro-mechanical and electronic control systems for manufacturing processes and nuclear instrumentation, test equipment and other associated equipment. Work is performed on in-line process controls and instruments in production areas, development labs, new installations, and an instrument repair shop. This role is on a 3rd Shift (11 PM - 7 AM).
As the Instrumentation & Microelectronics Maintenance employee, you will:
* Be responsible for maintenance, repair, calibration of recorders, transmitters, SCR controls, power supplies, relays, solenoids, counters, flow meters, alarm units, timers, dip tubes, pneumatic and electronic controllers and associated control equipment, temperature flame safety logic circuits and a variety of analytical equipment for control of parameters such as pH, conductivity O2, CO2, NOx, etc.
* Maintain, troubleshoot and repair a variety of microprocessor based programmable controllers
* Maintain, repair and modify complicated equipment and systems with minimal direction, and troubleshoot on-line systems to eliminate malfunctions, minimize discrepant product and prevent system downtime
* Read and interpret complicated mechanical, P&ID, electrical power, ladder logic, and instrument loop drawings; also read and understand vendor maintenance manuals for proper calibration and maintenance methods
* Suggest methods of calibration and preventive maintenance where vendor or established methods are inadequate
* Be responsible for removing, replacing, and/or repairing electronic, electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical apparatus used to control a wide variety of process parameters
* Be responsible for monitoring all instruments, controls and test equipment, and recognizing malfunctions to make necessary corrections or assist in making corrections
* Through self-study, on-the-job training, and in-plant and vendor training courses, attain a thorough knowledge of a wide variety of chemical process control equipment and instrumentation and have a thorough understanding of the various processes and more complicated control schemes such as "ratio", "cascade" or "feed forward" to facilitate effective troubleshooting to minimize product discrepancies and system downtime
* Install new or relocate old systems as needed to satisfy process needs; on occasion to fabricate functional parts, mark up existing drawings "as-build" or generate comprehensive sketches suitable for submittal to Design Services
* Assist with inventory, storage of material, and rearrangement of storage facility; recommend stock levels and changes in stocking facility
* Will assist in compiling data and preparation of preferred vendor listings
* Use a variety of test equipment such as simpson meters, amp probes, precision pressure gauges, regulators, pyrometers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, programmable power supplies and various process signal calibrators and simulators
* Associate's Degree in Electronics, Instrumentation, or Micro-Electronic solid state technology (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the maintenance or fabrication of industrial equipment)
* Minimum of 1year of experience in industrial process controls, including maintenance and calibration of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and electronic equipment
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing industrial, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and mechanical process control equipmentELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability and willingness to lift 40 lbs., as required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Proven ability and experience reading and interpreting drawings, schematics, ladder logic, instruction manuals and logic symbol schematics
* Have working knowledge of state-of-the-art test equipment; such as oscilloscopes, programmable power supplies, optical pyrometers, calibrators, etc.
* Knowledge of basic hand tools, soldering equipment, electrical and electronics test equipment
* Ability to complete necessary documentation work effort such as repair order forms, inventory withdrawal slips, calibration record cards, etc.
* Ability to prepare written documentation of procedures such as SARs, special calibration procedures, etc.
* Ability to efficiently utilize Microsoft Office Suite of tools including Word, Excel, and Power Point
* Strong understanding of troubleshooting techniques and repair of state-of-the-art electronic systems and circuits
* Ability to take the lead in troubleshooting and perform corrective action
* Ability to read and understand written documents and procedures
* Ability to work to the National Electrical Code
* High level of concentration, attention to detail and analytical ability is required to develop and troubleshoot complicated mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic and microprocessor based equipment
* Ability to work a variety of shifts to meet the needs of the business
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.