To assist instrument mechanics of higher classification in locating and correcting trouble in control systems and instruments of combustion equipment and nuclear reactors, turbines, chlorinators, water treatment systems, and station auxiliary equipment, involving inspecting, cleaning, calibrating, replacing defective parts, and repairing electrical and mechanical instruments and controls. To inspect, clean, adjust, calibrate and repair such instruments as manometers, gauges, flow meters and thermometers. Test and repair electronics and pneumatic control devices.
- High School diploma or educational equivalent
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing
- Ability to work different shifts
- Ability to receive unescorted Nuclear access
- Excellent communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Associates degree or equivalent in Electronics
- Applicable military Electronics maintenance experience
- Specialized training in power plant instrument operation and maintenance/Navy Nuclear Electronic Technician experience
Please note the first 3-4 months of employment will be spent at a different work location for training purposes.