Maintain operational performance of equipment within the scope of the central maintenance department. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment directly maintained by the central maintenance department (palletizers, blending process) and electrical/automation equipment plant wide (electrical distribution systems, PLC & servo controlled equipment, motor & drive systems, etc.). E&I Tech’s must be capable of functioning in roles consisting of troubleshooting & repair, preventive maintenance, leading continuous improvement, and managing small projects. Understand and adhere to WCM principles that guide site operational and maintenance practices. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all company and plant rules. Participate in plant safety initiatives and continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain equipment in assigned scope of responsibility
- Responsible for safety, product quality and productivity in assigned scope of responsibility
- Perform all assigned preventative maintenance tasks, including activities as assigned during plant shutdowns
- Develop preventive maintenance procedures as required
- Make repairs on equipment breakdowns as required
- Assist in the execution of changeovers in assigned scope of responsibility
- Initiate, document, and complete all work in the plant’s CMMS (SAP) system
- Support the continuous improvement process (e.g.: serve on improvement teams as nominated)
- Assist other maintenance teams in the performance of emergency repairs as required
- Provide overtime coverage within the department as required
- Support Plant / Department TPM requirements
- Assist in the training of fellow co-workers as required (within the department and also operators, maintenance personnel, or others plant wide)
- Replaces machine parts working to tolerances of ± 0.002 inches
- Must be skilled with common hand tools and have a general understanding of measuring tools and systems (English and Metric)
- Develop working operational knowledge of equipment in assigned scope of responsibility (not simply functional knowledge related to maintenance)
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a group environment
- Complete all other assigned duties
- Report unsafe conditions, correct if possible
- All job functions are to be performed in compliance with the plant’s safety & quality assurance programs
- Electrical Journeyman’s Card (or higher) or demonstrable competence for electrical work
- Ability to read understand, and use electrical blueprints, diagrams, and schematics
- Skill and experience within Factory Automation Systems (PLC’s, Motion Control (servos), Motor Drive Systems, Process Instrumentation, Etc.)
- Perform all work in compliance with plant lockout / tag-out procedures
- Knowledge and proper use of all equipment necessary to performing the assigned job
- Familiarity with hand tools & precision measurement gauges
- Must be able to learn independently (e.g.: must be able to read and understand technical manuals and apply on the job)
- Completion of initial E&I Tech screening and assessments
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 or more years’ experience in Maintenance/Industrial electrical including troubleshooting Allen Bradley's PLC's
- Bending, stooping, reaching, and the ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work in tight / small spaces
- High speed packaging experience is plus
- Journeyman's License or Master Electrician certificate a plus
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.