The Hartford's Central Recovery Operations Team is seeking a highly motivated individual to join their team as an Auto Subrogation Claims Representative. WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
Successful incumbents are responsible for the following:
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
- Achieving prompt and proper disposition of claim files involving established liability.
- Establish negotiation and disposition strategies in order to achieve appropriate and cost effective claim outcomes.
- Aggressively achieve a fair and equitable disposition of all damage disputes.
- Planning, recommending and advocating our subrogation position to other insurance carriers.
- Coordinate and manage a high caseload to ensure timely resolution of cases.
- Providing excellent customer service through communications with our customers for the return of their deductibles.
- Negotiate skillfully in challenging situations with other insurance carriers.
- Accurately assess collectible damages.
- Preparing files for arbitration & litigation.
- Operating within a team environment in order to maximize the team's overall recovery results.
Qualifications: WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- This position typically works between 7:45 am - 4:30 pm, but flexibility is available.
Qualified candidates will have the following requirements:
Behaviors at The Hartford
- College degree is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Auto Physical Damage and claim handling experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of auto adjusting principles preferred.
- Strong negotiation and investigative skills.
- Must have the ability to perform in a high volume work environment and a proven high level of performance and achievement.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, strong computer/automation skills and strong customer service skills.
- Use critical thinking skills to gather information, apply sound reasoning, draw appropriate conclusions and make sound decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment.
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.