About Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an 'A' from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a "Family Favorite" hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
The Behavioral Health Team are dedicated with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining our team? Apply online now.
Schedule : 1.0, (40 hours per week), Shift: - Weekdays only, no weekends.
Internal Posting Period: September 20, 2017 - September 26, 2017
Under supervision, provides intake and referral services for the Adult Behavioral Health inpatient and outpatient programs. Duties include but not limited to, phone screening, scheduled face-to-face clinical assessments, emergency direct admission assessments, case presentation to staff psychiatrists, and insurance/payment verification and authorization. Ideal candidate should be a strong team member, understand how to conceptualize cases, detail oriented in documenting procedures, Pays special attention to patient risk factors danger to self/others and/or being gravely disabled, and have strong customer service skills.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
1. Masters degree in Behavioral Health Related Field or current California RN license required.
2. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support required.
3. State of California License in: Marriage and Family Counseling, (LMFT), Social work (LCSW), Professional Counselor (LPCC) or Clinical Psychology (Ph.D, Psy.D.).
1. Minimum of two (2) years experience in a behavioral health field.
2. Ability to learn and utilize computerized patient care management system.
3. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom