Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Integrated Science Lead will be responsible for leading a matrix team whose mandate is to:
- integrate, synthesize and analyze internal and external data related to defined translational questions of fundamental importance to the field of Immune-Oncology (IO) so to
- generate actionable and strategically relevant scientific Insights, hypotheses, and recommendations to stakeholders across the enterprise
The candidate will internally face and interact with scientists within Discovery, Biomarker Science, Translational Biology, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs and Commercial organizations and will be recognized as a scientific expert, both internally and externally, in a given IO Translational Focus Area.
- Externally faces and interacts with academic investigators globally as a scientific collaborator and scientific liaison related to work within a particular IO Translational Focus Area.
- Maintains relations with the leading scientific institutions including but not limited to, the institutions that are members of the International Immuno-Oncology Network (II-ON), Oncology Academic Research (OAR), and GECI academic partnerships.
- Works in a partnership with the Translational Bio-informatics group to drive the analyses of both internal and publically available data sets to address questions related to a particular IO Translational Focus Area.
- Authors abstracts and manuscripts (original and review articles) and actively pursues opportunities to present such data at various congresses and meetings, to showcase the highly scientific work that is generated by the Integrated Science Group.
- Conducts strategic reviews of related reports and manuscripts, providing comments to authoring investigators and making recommendations to BMS publication and communication strategy.
- Strategically aligns with Discovery, Biomarker Science, Translational Biology, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs and Commercial leaders individually to discuss the ramifications of scientific insights, hypotheses and recommendations with internal stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Translates scientific questions and data in a manner that directly informs, and is guided by Clinical Development and Discovery priorities.
- Provides an exchange of data and facilitates scientific discussions, externally and internally, to impact translational research decisions across the I-O portfolio in all stages of development.
- Drive innovative scientific discoveries internally to enhance BMS research
- Enterprise Mindset: The ability to make decisions, set priorities and share resources based on what will benefit the whole. Capable of building and maintaining networks within and outside of the organization.
This positions resides in the Integrated Science Group, which is in the Translational Medicine Division, and reports to the Head, Integrated Sciences. Qualifications: Qualifications
- PhD, MD, or MD/PhD in a Biological Science or an Immunology-related field, is required
- Minimum of 10 years of academic and/or pharmaceutical research experience after obtaining graduate degree.
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and collaborative scientist with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and show the ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability of working effectively to influence stakeholders in a highly dynamic matrix organization.
- Has extensive scientific expertise in various aspects of human tumor biology with a p--articular expertise in human tumor immunology preferred.
- The ability to multitask across multiple development assets within a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated a strong working knowledge and experience in design, execution and interpretation of standard biological/immunological assays as well as genomic profiling technologies and analytics, is desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to analyze and present data in a clear professional format.
- Experience working with thought leaders and leading scientific collaborations is essential.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.