Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. Completes a variety of atypical assignments, as needed. Works within defined processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments. Completes work with a limited degree of supervision. Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for full system integration in order to meet the system's specification, on time delivery and quality results until end of installation while managing both the technical and operational aspects of the tool's integration process.
- Tests and troubleshoots modules and fully integrates systems. Performs in-house customer acceptance tests. Travels to customer sites to install and support tools.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Follow and complete documentation procedures and forms of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Pursue and develop procedural, safety and process improvements. Identify problems and resolve problems as an individual or as a team.
- Evaluate system quality, performance and configuration issues. Resolve problems. Provide on-site production technical support, equipment operation, repair, maintenance, and upgrade.
- Performs complex operational and functional tests, calibrations, verification and troubleshooting of sub-assemblies and/or systems.
- Work with other cross-functional groups to develop, design, build and test new production assemblies and NPI systems (prototype,alpha, beta units).
- Tests and troubleshoots system level and component level problems in electrical and mechanical and optical systems and sub-systems.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or plans to perform moderate testing and troubleshooting.
- Performs necessary rework and assists in determining remedies for malfunctions and generates Quality Notifications.
- Compiles logbooks and test procedures documentation utilizing good writing skills. Assists in revising, developing and implementing department and tool related procedures.
- Perform mechanical, electrical, beam, optics and process testing on systems to Engineering and Manufacturing documentation and specifications.
- Observes all safety standards. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training and follows safety and security policies, procedures and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety dept. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Becomes familiar with current manufacturing and/or engineering processes and stays informed of any changes in procedures. Assists in the correction of problems.
- Has developed proficiency in a range of analytical processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks
- Has a good understanding of how the team integrates with others to achieve objectives
- May provide informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality of own work and its contribution to the team
- Uses communication skills to regularly exchange information
- Associate's Degree
- 2 - 4 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.