Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Integration Developer - Java, a position within the IT Department at Republic Services, is a moderately experienced role within the Enterprise Data Services group. The Integration Developer - Java is responsible for participating in a full agile development life cycle for design, build and testing of integration services. The Integration Developer - Java will know how to construct Web Services (SOAP and REST) and create reusable components to create business services. The Integration Developer – Java will work imbedded in agile teams supporting next generation technology projects in the Digital and CRM domains.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Prepares detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured.
• Writes high quality code according to specifications.
• Follows all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle.
• Assists others in defining application system scope and objectives through research and fact finding.
• Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Develops project plans for application software implementation activities of medium to high level of complexity.
• Maintains strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
• Supports and validates production release activities.
• Creates and/or updates documentation necessary for each system.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in object-oriented programming and proficiency with the following tools or languages:
• Java and related components and frameworks;
• Web service protocols such as Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Maven;
• Application servers such as Tomcat;
• Unit test frameworks such as JUnit;
• Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins; and/or
• Source code control tools such as Git or GitHub
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with RDBMS.
• Experience with cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services and Azure.
• Experience writing efficient SQL.
• Hands-on experience developing Java Message Services (JMS) using Java or another object orient languages.
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts by designing and developing with abstraction, loose coupling, and cohesion in mind.
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
• Thorough understanding and proven delivery experience within a Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development.
• Experience with Agile tools such as RallyDev.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.