Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate IT Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for an Integration Development Lead.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Manages a small team of entry level IT employees
- Provides leadership to an IT team with a defined set of deliverables, goals, and objectives.
- Responsible for team financial management including AOP, budget management, and forecasting.
- Responsible for People Management including work plan development, performance management, and people development.
Compile and present Management Reports on team performance including metrics, deliverable status, etc.
- Accountable for Six Sigma training, usage and goal attainment for the team.
Ensure team adherence to all IT processes, policies, and procedures including IT Security.
- Responsible of IT Controls compliance for the Team.
Engagement with customers in their respective function or business area.
Governance/Leadership for all program/projects executed or supported by their teams.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Analyze Issues - Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses accurate logic in analyses.
- Attention to Details - This skill involves paying attention to all the details of what is communicated, either written, orally, or presented.
- Coach and Develop - Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees; gives timely specific feedback and helpful coaching; provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development
- Communication(Written and Verbal) - Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organized and relevant manner for a variety of audiences.
- Develop Systems and Processes - Identifies and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work
- Establishes Plan - Develops short- and long-range plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting goals; integrates planning efforts across work units
- Manage Execution - Assigns responsibilities; delegates to and empowers others; removes obstacles; allows for and contributes needed resources; coordinates work efforts when necessary; monitors progress
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Measure, Monitor, Communicate(publish) and improve delivery metrics and productivity of the team new ideas and champions the change within and across the team and act as a role model for the team.
- Vendor Management to Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant vendors; works with vendors to improve application functionality and resolve difficult functionality issues.
- Educates, coaches, and trains new and existing team members to improve quality and efficiency in daily process of support requests.
- Serves as subject matter expert and point of contact on content, processes, procedures and functionality associated with assigned applications for projects and application support (as needed).
- Engagement with customers and Stakeholders in their respective function or business area.
- Interact with software vendors to achieve new capabilities with existing SOA products.
- Develop migration Proof of concepts (PoCs) from Oracle SOA 10g components to Oracle SOA 11g
- Assist with troubleshooting of SOA/Integration and BPM application components in Oracle SOA 11g stack
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required. Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.