Job Description :
Integration Platform Architect
Baxter Healthcare Corporation
Deerfield or Round Lake, IL
H-1B Transfer May be Available
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Implement technology vision in-line with latest Industry trends and Baxter adoption
• Manage Infrastructure projects on Enterprise Integration platform
• Liaison role between Infrastructure/Application teams
• Coordinate/drive consulting and architectural reviews
• Develop skills for self/peers
• Lead complex technical projects for WAS, IBM Sterling Integrator (SI)/SFG/ITXA and IBM Integration Bus (IIB) by supporting global technological decisions and implementations.
• Patch Management - Install and support patches across different environment for Integration platform products such as WAS, IBM SI/SFG/ITXA and IBM Integration Bus.
• Install and support technical solutions and implementations for Integration platform products such as WAS, IBM SI/SFG/ITXA and IBM Integration Bus.
• Research technology solutions to meet Baxter's System Integration needs.
• Assist in the 3 to 5 year roadmap development of Baxter's System Integration needs.
• Interface with vendors, understand and align product roadmaps to Baxter's System Integration needs.
• Prepare system assessments, project & process assessments, and implementation guidelines documentation for technical projects.
• Develop processes, procedures and cost-effective technical solutions to support/improve systems.
• Provide technical education, guidance application team members on technology solutions, services, and standards.
• In depth knowledge of IBM Integration products such as IIB, SI/SFG/ITXA, MQ, ITX, WAS
• In depth knowledge of the Unix/Linux systems
• Ability to configure F5 or any other proxy/web servers.
• Hands on scripting using Phython / Ant and develop scripts to monitor the applications and systems.
• Hands on Jenkins implementation for Dev-Ops.
• Installation/performance tuning of WAS, IBM SI/SFG/ITXA and IIB on Solaris and Linux.
• Architect High availability/DR for WAS, IBM SI and IBM IIB.
• Knowledge on Docker implementation is an advantage.
• Breadth/depth in several architectures or platforms. Exposure to setting up applications in DMZ and Intranet a big plus.
• 8+ years of relevant technical experience, including systems analysis, design and implementation.
• Experience defining, designing and implementing new platform components (Application and Infrastructure).
• Ability to solve complex technical/business problems.
• Ability to manage projects/interact with all levels of management.
• Self-starter; ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to work in a matrixed organization.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Strong problem solving, analytical and documentation skills.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.