Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Integration SOA Technical Specialist. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading IT projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Responsible for developing software programs per technical specifications following programming standards and procedures, performing testing, executing program modifications, and responding to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
- Ensures secure coding and UI standards and best practices are applied during development. Provides input and contributes to the enhancement and maintenance of applications and programs.
- Leads efforts to configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains program code and applications.
- Performs detailed and complex unit testing and secure code testing, and issues resolution.
- Drives and supports the process for source code management.
- Contributes to integration, systems, and performance testing and tuning of code.
- Participates in peer secure code reviews.
- Define and promote opportunities for re-usability of code, configurations, procedures, and techniques.
- Software Development Methodologies - Able to apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions.
- Solution Validation (Testing) - The ability to validate that a configuration item change and/or solution meets requirements defined specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
- Solution Configuration - Ability to select desired options to make a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products, applications, or IT systems function to user specifications. To build a particular application or system for use in a specific way.
- Troubleshooting - Able to diagnose and problem solve issues with computer hardware or software components with little or no direction. May require ability to install, configure, or disposition of server or client pc infrastructure and application issues.
- Programming - The ability to analyze, design, write, test, debug, and maintain the source code of computer programs. This includes low-level component, algorithm, and high-level design.
Additional Responsibilities specific to this role:
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience required
- 6 years experienced in setting up Continuous Integration(CI), Continuous Deployment (CD) environment for SOA 11g components with build/deployment/testing
- 5 years in any of the scripting language like ANT, PYTHON, WLST automation including Weblogic administration experience
- 3 years in development experience using Oracle Fusion Middleware components thatincludes Java/J2EE, Oracle SOA suite, BPEL 11g and Oracle Service Bus (OSB), Oracle Mediator,XML, XSLT, Xpath, JMS/AQ/MQ, JDeveloper 11g, Adapters
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Identify the various components that needs to be deployed or configured in thetarget environments which includes Oracle SOA 11g, (bpel, mediator, adapters,transformation), Oracle Service Bus 11g(OSB)
- Ensure SOA/Integrationand process design conforms to open standards such as BPMN 2.0 modeling standards,BPEL, WS-* standards, http 1.1, soap 1.2 and best practices.
- Develop interfacesusing SOA/Fusion Middleware suite of products that includes Oracle Weblogic,Oracle SOA Suite 11g and OSB, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), BPM, BPEL, XML,XSLT, Xpath, JMS/AQ/MQ, JDeveloper 11g, Adapters, PL/SQL and J2EE/Java
- Develop and implement reusable technical frameworks such as Error Handling, Logging, Monitoring andAudit and Notification framework
- Define and implement Automated Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) Process, Tools and people forcode build, deployment and migration process using scripts such as WLST, Ant,Python with IBM Rational or other tools.
- Create configuration scripts (automation) for environment specific propertiesand automated integration testing scripts to verify/validate the deployment
- Identify and fix issues with Middleware environments in Weblogic domains Communicatingand collaborating with Developers, Operations and customers.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience plus annualized bonus potential. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.