We seek an experienced programmer or computational mathematician to fill a software engineering position on the Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL) team. In this role, you will use your optimization experience to create parallelized and highly-tuned algorithms in the area of dense linear algebra for current and future Intel architectures, write and run functional/performance tests and help maintain the product build system. You will be expected to present the results of your activities internally and at external conferences. In this position, you must be able to work independently and to plan long-term software development activities.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
-At least 6 months experience using Intel software development tools (compilers, Intel MKL, performance profilers).
- Minimum of 2 years experience with:
*Numerical Analysis/Computational Math coursework that includes dense or sparse linear algebra and FFTs.
* Programming in C/C or Fortran 90 is required.
* Programming in Linux or Windows environments.
* OpenMP, TBB or MPI
-Minimum of 1 year experience with:
* Optimizing code to achieve high performance.
* Programming in X86 assembly language, compiler intrinsics or coursework on machine architectures.
- Knowledge of OpenCL/CUDA is considered a plus.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.