Intel Math Kernel Library Software Engineer Job Description
We seek an experienced programmer or computational mathematician to fill a software engineering position on the Intel Math Kernel Library Intel MKL team.
In this role, you will use your optimization experience to create parallelized and highly-tuned algorithms in the area of dense linear algebra for current and future Intel architectures, write and run functional/performance tests and help maintain the product build system.
You will be expected to present the results of your activities internally and at external conferences. In this position, you must be able to work independently and to plan long-term software development activities.Qualifications
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics. Master's degree preferred.
- 2 years of Numerical Analysis/Computational Math coursework that includes dense or sparse linear algebra
- 2 years programming in C , C or FORTRAN
- 2 years working in Linux or Windows environments
- 1 year parallelizing code with OpenMP or TBB.
- 1 year optimizing code to achieve high performance.
- Familiarity with CPU architectures.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.