Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area.Key Responsibilities
- With minimal oversight, provides business and legal advice to one or more business units or groups relating to tactical and strategic business objectives
- With minimal oversight, creates patent filing strategy and manages patent drafting, patent filing, and patent prosecution for Business Unit.
- With minimal oversight, drafts or reviews and negotiates IP agreements (NDAs, JDAs, License Agreements, etc.) and IP terms in commercial agreements.
- With minimal oversight, provides strategic advice, reviews business plans, structures transactions, creates processes and implements, advises on special projects
- With minimal oversight, ensures that business plans, objectives and contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory, company and operational requirements
- With minimal oversight, collaborates across business units and functions to improve patent operations and business processes
- With minimal oversight, identifies and evaluates third party patents of interest to Business Unit and assists Litigation in addressing IP inquiries and assertions
- Performs the above functions individually or through direct reports / May be a member of business unit or group staff
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Doctorate Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.