Looking for an Interaction Designer for a 6 month contract with a large Aviation company. Portfolio is required for this opportunity.
- Angular 2 experience
- Material Design standard experience
- Experience working as a bridge between UX visual design and full stack developers
- Prime NG UI framework experience - nice to have
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- BS in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Industrial Design, or related disciplines .
- Strong understanding of, and enthusiasm for, user centered design principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to successfully communicate design rationale to a mixed audience.
- Flexibility to work on a wide range of projects: from small content based mobile apps to more complex mobile web applications with transactional components and data integration.
- Proficiency with standard software tools for development of wireframes and high fidelity prototype and graphics.
- Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Industrial Design, or related disciplines. Software Engineering, Information Management, Computer Science, or related Engineering/Science discipline. Strong understanding of HTML and web services. Also, an understanding of reference architectures, and design patterns.
- Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects involving application development, migrations, additions to existing applications. Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards. Guide programmers/developers on technical issues.
- Develop or review development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance. Review test results and direct further development.
- May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
- May provide, or guide provision of technical support to applications currently in production.
- May mentor or guide work of less experienced programming and development staff.
Knowledge and Skills:
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Experience leading UX best practices and processes across a large, heterogeneous portfolio of projects
- Experience developing and implementing training and adoption program for UX within an organization
- Experience with UI design gap analysis and mitigation plans
- Extensive User Experience and product management background
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of Agile and Lean UX methodologies
- Proven ability to establish a UX program within a large financial institution
- Experience delivering project deliverable working with multiple cross functional teams to accomplish shared goals
- Strong written and verbal communication experience; ability to present to senior leadership
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.