The Interaction Designer (3) is responsible for the design and build of learning interactions within Charter's Customer Operations training programs. He/She produces non-facilitated learning interactions (e.g., eLearning) to enable a specific learning experience that reinforces business-centric behavior requirements.
The Interaction Designer (3) collaborates with the Learning Experience Architect (LEXA) to develop learning interactions in support of the learning blueprint. He/She participates in collaborative design sessions with subject matter experts to understand the business and learning requirements.
The Interaction Designer (3) works with the graphic designers and animators to create learning interactions that bring the learning environment to life and aligns to the vision of the LEXA. He/She ensures learning interactions are engaging, memorable and effective in all modalities of delivery. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide recommendations for learning interactions to the LEXA that demonstrate the business impact of training initiatives.
Apply the latest adult learning methods to create interactions aligned to the point of view of the LEXA and support the behavior change required for the learning audience.
Create interactions designed for individual (non-facilitated) consumption.
Research and apply modern adult learning techniques to support online learning. Ensures learning interactions are innovative, engaging, and on the cutting edge of brain science application.
Engage subject matter experts in collaboration with the Learning Experience Architect to understand the reality the learning audience faces, while designing learning interactions based on subject matter expertise and the depth of knowledge they posses.
Demonstrate expert knowledge of non-facilitated learning methods as well as processes and standards required to create high quality interactions on time, and on budget.
Apply business skills to managing projects and coordinating with subject matter experts while building learning interactions.
Promote collaboration, partnerships, and relationships among the the learning and development team including learning experience architects, learning solutions and technical services L&D resources.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Demonstrated portfolio of building learning solutions with measureable results
- Demonstrated knowledge of training methodologies and tools (Video/Audio, Independent Reading, Online Forum, Branched eLearning, Decision eLearning, Gamification, Job Aide, Classroom)
- Ability to use multiple digital learning technologies and software to deliver content (Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate,)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and complete multiple assignments concurrently and meet deadlines
- Ability to synthesize multiple inputs into a modern facilitated learning interaction that is aligned to design principles
- Demonstrated understanding of how different roles within a business need tailored learning
- Demonstrated ability to educate, communicate, negotiate, and influence with all levels of management to produce learning interactions
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show good judgment, take initiative, and make decisions to accomplish job duties
- Demonstrate an ability to work closely with peers to ensure successful learning outcomes
- Driven, focused, and oriented to the functional design
Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, Organizational Behavior, Communications, or related field required and/or certifications in a variety of L&D areasRelated Work Experience (both of the following) Number Of Years
Instructional design experience 7+
Online/eLearning design experience 5+PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
Skills in management consulting
Skills in measurement and evaluation of training initiatives
Relevant corporate experience in a large Fortune 100 companyEducation
Masters in Adult LearningWORKING CONDITIONS
10% travel requiredEOE Race/Sex/Vet/Disability
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.