We have an exciting opportunity for our growing Financial Systems area. We're looking for an enthusiastic application developer to help us support and enhance our Intercompany Accounting mainframe systems which are critical to IBM accounting business processes.
The development team uses Agile Practices and IBM Design Thinking to drive customer success, deliver holistic product experiences, and tackle new and exciting challenges. The team is located in an agile open space and uses physical and virtual tools to collaborate and manage their work. The secret to success is our people and culture.
The team is located in Southbury CT
No remote opportunities exist
Will consider relocation for candidates with the right skills/experience
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorshipJob Duties:
- Collaborate with your teammates and interact with our product owners
- Analyze customer or product owners needs and deliver solutions to meet those needs
- Provide ongoing steady state support and maintenance of the data warehouse
- Participate in design, development, review and test efforts for enhancements
- Perform root cause analysis of technical and process issues
- Work will be performed in Southbury, CT
Successful candidates will have the following work habits
- Strong desire and ability to learn new technical skills and absorb professional knowledge quickly
- Strong analytical, good debugging and problem solving skills
- Requires demonstrated communication and customer interfacing skills
- Iteratively develop and enhance solutions to business needs
- Demonstrate a clear pride of ownership, propose new ideas and exhibit relentless focus on quality
- Work effectively in an open environment where creativity and collaboration are welcome and encouraged
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.