Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Panasonic Silicon Valley Laboratory is leading research in the convergence of user interfaces, sensing, cloud services and networking technologies to develop the next generation of Panasonic products. The laboratory focuses on developing new concepts and user experiences through rapid prototyping and collaboration with the best-in-class research in Silicon Valley.
This role focuses on developing firmware for the control of unmanned systems such as autonomous robots and drones. The Firmware Engineer's main responsibility is to design and develop control algorithms and sensor drivers to enable reliable autonomous behavior. The role requires strong experience in C/C programming on embedded architectures, as well strong knowledge of control algorithms and theory and the ability to architect and optimize complex numerical algorithms with limited computational resources.
Currently, PRDCA is seeking an Intern, Software Engineer
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Software Development and Test
- Technical Evaluation
- Documentation and Others
What You’ll Bring:
- Education & Experience : Pursuing a graduate degree in Computer Science, EE, or related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in C , C, Python and so on.
Ability to integrate sensory input, analyzing and judgment using signal processing algorithms and statistical modelling
Interest in user interfaces and interaction for consumer electronics devices
Ability to develop on embedded robotic platforms including port and debug on target devices
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with designers and engineers
- Ability to report activities in a clear organized fashion
Other Requirements :
No Travel needed
What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.