Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people. Responsibilities
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through formalized training, valuable on-the-job experience, mentoring, team building events and structured feedback sessions. Our goal is to provide today's talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
Interns in this role will support the overall business planning process by analyzing problems, probing facts, identifying and questioning assumptions, and assisting in decision making processes. This includes but is not limited to: assisting in the development and analysis of operating and capital budgets; forecasting and preparing variance and trend analysis; performing detailed quantitative and financial data analysis; creating timely reporting, projections and ad-hoc analysis as needed; implementing tactics to address information discovered during analysis phases; and assisting in the month end close process which includes recording journal entries and vendor payments.
The role is currently based Bethpage, NY with a future location change to Long Island City, NY in 2018. Qualifications
- Completing a bachelor's degree between December 2018 and June 2019 with preferred majors in Finance, Economics Accounting, Business Management, Management Information Systems, or a related area
- Ability to quickly understand and interpret business processes
- Experience with automation, strong mathematics and solid analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Strong interpersonal skills to partner with many stakeholders
- Exceptional writing, oral presentation, and reporting skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate information in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to a broad ranges of audiences
- Ability to analyze problems, to probe facts, identify and question assumptions and to assist in the decision making processes
- Take initiative to undertake tasks
- Energized by a fast-paced environment when working alone or as part of the team
- Intermediate to Advance level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Oracle a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.