CHS has an exciting summer internship opportunity in our Country Operations group. The Accounting Intern position is intended to develop a general understanding of all the business departments within CHS through on-the-job training, focusing on accounting and administrative functions of the business. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the business
- Become familiar with all the varying business units and learn about their varying needs
- Gain knowledge of various software programs including Agris, OneWeigh, and JD Edwards
- Coordinate activities in grain weighing, grading, pricing and merchandising
- Facilitate in invoicing and inventory management systems
- Gain knowledge in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Assist in monthly Agris and JDE close-out process
- Acknowledge patrons and assist them in a courteous and professional manner
- Carry out assigned responsibilities promptly and effectively
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Working towards a degree in Agriculture Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting degree program
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Coursework in agriculture
- Agriculture Background/understanding
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.