CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Crop Nutrients Division. We are looking for a Agronomy Operations Intern. You will work extensively with Crop Nutrients Cooperative Customers ensuring they are provided the highest level of service and information as possible. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Gain knowledge of general agronomy skills such as scouting, crop protection products, crop nutrient products, seed, custom application procedures, mixing procedures, truck driving, and delivering product.
- Perform all agronomy operations.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory.
- Regulate and periodic housecleaning processes and record keeping.
- Assist with repairs and preventative maintenance for all agronomy equipment including legs, conveyors, towers, vehicles, sprayers, floaters, trucks, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers as needed.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, or other Agriculture related degree program
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Agriculture experience or background
- Previous internship
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.