CHS Farmers Alliance
has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for Agronomy Sales Intern
. You will work extensively with Country Operations Cooperative Customers in ensuring they are provided the highest level of service and information as possible. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Work directly with the Agronomy Sales Manager on large grower accounts.
- Manage and maintain area plots throughout the Farmers Alliance trade area.
- Develop weekly plot reports with scouting information, photos and marketing material
- Collaborate with marketing personnel to distribute plot photos and informational updates to producers.
- Assist in planning and preparation of any plot days or other promotional events
- Assist Agronomy Production Sales Specialists with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customer
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services, assist with over-the-counter sales, and assist with product delivery to customers.
- Learn and utilize Agris invoicing and inventory management systems.
- Assist in inventory management procedures.
- Learn how to maintain equipment and facility.
- Work in and keep an environment that is compliant with state, local and CHS Environmental and Safety policy.
- Custom Application if qualified and/or if the need arises.
- Assist other departments as needed.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, or other Agriculture related degree program
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Previous plot or agronomy sales internship experience
- Agriculture experience or background
- Previous internship
- Commercial Application Certification
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.