Arconic creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working alongside our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build, package and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver quality, highly engineered products that ensure customer success and create shareholder value.
Arconic. Innovation, engineered.
A Fortune 500 company with large scale and globally diverse operations, Arconic is a premier innovator of high performance multi-material products and solutions and a global leader in precision engineering and advanced manufacturing. The company is positioned to profitably grow in growth markets, with deep technological capabilities and significant customer synergies.
Arconic's Corporate Development Team is dedicated to supporting the company's global vision, profitability and growth objectives through the leadership, management, and execution of the acquisition, divestiture and joint venture processes as well as supporting strategy development. The team of five is highly selective and works with senior management and business leaders across the company to execute deals globally. In the last five years, Arconic's Corporate Development Team has negotiated and closed acquisitions worth over $5 billion, divestitures worth over $2 billion, and completed a $10 billion spin-off resulting in two S&P 500 companies.
The Intern, Corporate Development will:
• Support the development, evaluation and negotiation of acquisitions, joint ventures or divestiture for assigned business units or the corporation
• Participate as a member of a Deal Team. The Deal Teams are led by a Senior Manager or Director in Corporate Development and are responsible for activity related to mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and joint ventures including identification, screening, evaluation, deal structuring and negotiation, due diligence, closing, and integration of transactions.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Support Corporate Development personnel and Business Unit leadership in all aspects of the transaction process
• Perform detailed financial valuations and critically evaluate business plans and forecast models
• Prepare strategic rationale and valuation metrics in support of the internal approval process
• Participate in due diligence and negotiations
• Assist Business Units with development of inorganic growth strategies; provide in-depth qualitative and quantitative analysis including competitor analysis and bench-marking
• Participate in special projects with other Resource Units (i.e., strategic analysis or industry studies)
• Support process improvement and other internal projects for Corporate Development
• Support the analysis process and assessment with regard to mergers and acquisitions, industry and competitive activities within the marketplace.
Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal/teamwork skills
• Strong understanding of financial statements and corporate finance
• Ability to generate ideas and execute them effectivelyBasic Qualifications
- Completed a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in investment banking, private equity, Big 4 Accounting Firm (M&A services) or corporate development
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Excellent analytical skills including in-depth understanding of valuation methodologies
- Proven ability to manage projects and prioritize competing requirements in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; willingness to take initiative to understand the business
- An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Previous successful experience as an active member of a team
- A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
- Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy