has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division. We are looking for a Crop Scout Intern
. You will work extensively with Country Operations Cooperative Customers monitoring fields to identify weed, insect, and disease problems. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Assist Agronomy Crop Consultants with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customer
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services, assist with over-the-counter sales, and assist with product delivery to customers.
- Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Assist in inventory management procedures.
- Learn how to maintain equipment and facility.
- Work in and keep an environment that is compliant with state, local and CHS Environmental and Safety policy.
- Support the CHS safety culture, promoting safety in the workplace and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assist other departments as needed.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, or other Agriculture related degree program
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, bend, climb and lift up to 50 lbs.
- A valid driver's license and ability to meet CHS driving standards.
- Agriculture experience or background
- Previous internship