Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Crystallography Intern in our San Diego office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The intern will assist the crystallography group in basic lab operations and experimental setups while learning multiple crystallography techniques and furthering their knowledge in protein crystallization POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Use of robotics to grow crystals for the determination of three-dimensional structures of proteins and protein/ligand co-complexes.
- Performs crystal screening and optimization experiments across a number of platforms utilizing multiple methods
- Interprets crystal screening and optimization data for improvement of crystal growth.
- Performs crystal soaking experiments.
- Designs and performs experiments to determine cryo conditions for freezing crystals.
- Performs micro, streak, and macro seeding techniques, including manipulating seed crystals.
- Responsible for crystallization for multiple projects and contributes to SBDD/FBDD.
- Occasionally utilizes experimental strategies and protocols for expression and/or purification, characterization, and crystallization of proteins.
- Maintains crystallization and crystallography lab space, infrastructure and inventories.
- Coordinates and oversees the shipping of cryo-storage vessels to synchrotrons.
- Characterize of proteins by various analytical methods to improve chances of success in crystallization by modification and/or extra purification.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Full time second or third year undergraduate student
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Empowering Our People to Shine Learn more at takedajobs.com .Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- Must be able to sit at microscope for extended periods of time
- May occasionally observe and perform experiments in a cold room (4 °C)
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.