At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com 2018 Internship Program.
THD’s intern program was recently named in the top 50 in the US. Our .Com program specifically offers talented college students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands on experience working with a number of leaders on projects that directly impact the online business for one of the world's leading retailers. The focus of our internship is on learning day-to-day operations and obtaining an overall comprehension of the e-Commerce business for The Home Depot. During the 12 week period, interns will be assigned to one of the following functional teams:
- Online Merchandising
- Online Product Management
- UX Design & Research
- Online Analytics
- Site Operations
- Order Management
When you submit your application, please take a moment to include in your cover letter your primary areas of interest.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations. Make recommendations to upper management.
- Provide comprehensive report out to senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
Nature and Scope:
- Typically reports to a Manager or Sr. Manager
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Industrial Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computational Media, Psychology, or Graphic Design is preferred
- Excellent academic performance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and schedule demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!