Position: Accountant I - Internship
Hours: Minimum 24 hours per week
The Accountant I role performs general accounting activities in the Record-to-Report - General Accounting or Product Supply - Cost Accounting areas supporting US and Canadian operations across all functional areas such as Finance, Sales, Supply Chain, etc.
- Utilize the SAP General Ledger system to perform general ledger accounting functions
- Prepare and post journal entries in SAP
- Prepare and manage account reconciliations including analyzing monthly detail from SAP and researching/clearing reconciling items
- Perform Cost Accounting activities using standard costing and absorption accounting
- Provide financial support to company owned and co-pack manufacturing plants, including analyses of manufacturing variances
- Prepare schedules and corresponding backup requested by the Corporate Audit Department and/or EY during interim and year-end audits
- Participate in ad-hoc projects/reporting as requested
- Ensure all financial data is timely, accurate, and in compliance with GAAP and Coca Cola policies and procedures.
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
- Expected graduation date no later August 2017
- Completion of the following classes:
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Cost Accounting I
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Advanced Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team Skills/Collaboration – Works effectively in a team environment, and across teams where necessary
- Speaking and Writing – Clearly articulates relevant ideas, opinions, and information
- Thinking Analytically – Analyzes information to provide clear and concise recommendations
- Exercising Judgment – Generates alternatives and assists in selecting the best option
- Project Management/Prioritizing – Ensures the timely completion of designated objectives
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.