Now taking off: Your career
United Airlines is a leading global carrier focused on being the airline customers want to fly, employees want to work for and shareholders want to invest in.
United is proud to have the world’s most comprehensive route network, and together with United Express we operate an average of nearly 5,000 flights a day to 342 airports across six continents.
Approximately 84,000 United employees reside in every U.S. state and in countries around the world. For more information, visit united.com, follow @United on Twitter or connect on Facebook.
Where do you want your career to take you? Chances are you can get there with United Airlines. Our environment is open, honest, and focused on our customers—and your success.
Information Technology Overview
The Information Technology division is composed of over 2,500 employees and contractors, and is made up of four portfolios:
- Airline Operations & Shared Services
- IT Business Management, Strategy & Architecture
- Commercial & Customer
- IT Operations & Service Management
The Information Technology division provides the unique opportunity to engage with all of United’s operational and business units.
Internship opportunities will be available across all four portfolios. Placement within the division will be determined during the selection process, depending on the candidate’s background and best fit. Tasks will vary by group and may include the following:
- Employee website content development
- Mobile phone application development
- Improving Production Pipelines
- Database Administration and functional testing
- Administration Mileage Plus/Loyalty Systems
- Entry Level Project Management
- Technical Drawings and Documentation