has an exciting summer internship opportunity within the Corporate Internal Audit group. We are looking for an Internal Audit Intern
to conduct operational audits by establishing a collaborative business relationship with various levels of accounting and operational management throughout the organization. You must have excellent communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, be detail oriented and flexible, with the ability to manage multiply priorities and work independently.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Develops an understanding of and performs audits using the CHS audit approach, methodology & tools.
- Analyzes audit data and documents audit conclusions and findings.
- Assists in the preparation of work papers, which are subject to review by audit management.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 reporting requirements.
- Perform tests of internal controls as outlined in established audit programs for areas assigned.
- Prepare and present recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency to management.
- Update internal controls process documentation:
- Any changes in internal control requirements.
- New procedures in our existing processes.
- New process that are added to the internal control testing scope.
- Develop your written and verbal communication skills.
- Establish working relationships with CHS staff and management.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Currently a Junior or Senior working towards a degree in accounting, finance or business management
- Proficient with MS Word & Excel
- Ability to travel domestically
- Background or coursework in agriculture
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.