Portfolio Management (PM) Internship, HIMCO Hartford Investment Management Company (HIMCO), a subsidiary of The Hartford Financial Services Group, is committed to being a leading provider of investment management solutions. Put your career on the fast track with The Hartford's Investment Management summer internship. About the internship
This is a 10-week experience, designed to fully immerse analysts in the buy-side investment management industry by working alongside HIMCO's Portfolio Management (PM) team. Analysts are offered extensive learning opportunities such as a workshop on fixed income portfolio risk monitoring, lunch-time speaker series with senior executives, mentoring, mock-trading competitions, charity and social events. Analyst contributions during his/her internship will culminate in a capstone project presentation to provide an opportunity for exposure to HIMCO senior leaders should you choose to pursue a career with us following graduation. About the team
HIMCO is one of the most sophisticated asset managers in the insurance industry, with our wide array of investment strategies on behalf of our clients, which include the affiliated assets of The Hartford's Insurance Company. Our investment expertise spans across the public and private sectors, including bonds, public and private equity, and real estate/alternatives. Qualifications: What are we looking for?
Our team is looking for highly motivated individuals with a strong record of academic achievement, and:
- Deep interest and basic knowledge of financial markets
- Strong drive, attention to detail, and a self-starter with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including use of technology
- Excellent time management, organizational and communications skills
- Some business related course work is preferred (e.g. finance, economics, mathematics, computer science etc.) and/or student investment or finance club experience.
- Advanced proficiency with computer systems including Microsoft Office, Excel and MS Access
- Students expecting to graduate between December 2018 and June 2019 with a Bachelor's degree
The Hartford does not provide sponsorship for this position
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD