POSITION PURPOSE -
The Marketing Intern program offers talented college students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands on experience in working with a number of leaders to learn the retail business from one of the world's leading retailers. During a 10-12 week period, interns will be assigned to functional teams within the marketing group such as Customer Relationship Management, social media, merchandise marketing and strategy, customer insights and analytics, brand and project management to learn day to day operations, marketing skills and overall comprehension of the retail business at The Home Depot's corporate office.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- 25% Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- 25% Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- 25% Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations
- 25% Provide comprehensive report out to Merchandising and Marketing senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Position reports to VP Marketing
- No direct reports
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 03
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree in Marketing, Strategy, Business, or related field
- Superior academic performance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Team oriented; Creative and innovative
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and schedule demands
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!