At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning Marketing & Online team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our Marketing 2018 Internship Program.
THD’s intern program was recently named in the top 50 in the US. Our Marketing program specifically offers talented college students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands on experience working with a number of leaders on projects that directly impact the business for one of the world's leading retailers.
During the 12 week period, interns will be assigned specifically to our Customer Insights & Analytics team.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- 25% Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- 25% Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- 25% Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations
- 25% Provide comprehensive report out to Merchandising and Marketing senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
- Nature & Scope:
- Position reports to Sr. Manager Marketing or Director Marketing
- No direct reports
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelors degree.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a MBA is preferred
- Excellent academic performance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Creative and innovative
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and schedule demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!