As a member of the customer experience team, you will be expected to develop out-of-the-box, elegant solutions for many different areas of the business including operations, hard-lines, decor, and building materials. These solutions will be imagined & executed upon while successfully navigating complex business landscapes and providing industry leading thought and design deliverables for the same. Knowledge of space planning, building codes, ADA compliance, fixture development and graphic presentations is required as a base to help with ideation and deliverables. This role will need detailed planning and project management skills.
The Designer is responsible for providing design ideas and documentation, supporting all operational & merchandising initiatives. Candidates should be thought leaders in environmental design, advocating for consistent visual brand language to improve Home Depot’s customer experience through well thought out, new to the world design/engineering solutions. Auto CAD, Revit, SketchUp, Form Z, Solid Works or any other applicable design software.
In addition, this role will have constant contact with other business units that will impact every step of the design and execution process, including IT, Project Management, Execution, Procurement. Contacts will also include architectural, merchandising and manufacturing vendors.
The Customer Experience Team [CXT] helps THD develop vast design and planning ideas from new format development, inclusive of site planning, store planning, construction documents & design documents to finished, finite - Showroom & In-rack display solutions for specific categories and departments within existing Home Depot Stores.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations.
- Make recommendations to upper management.
- Provide comprehensive report out to merchandising senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
- Partnering cross-functionally to achieve goals
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Manager or Team Lead
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program in one of the following areas: Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Industrial Engineering, Operations, Communications, Merchandising, Industrial Design, Architecture, Interior Design or Retail Studies
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to succeed in a consumer product market and produce elegant design solutions
- Proficient sketching skills (digital sketching skills a plus)
- Excellent rapid visualization of ideas
- Strong Photoshop rendering or any other similar deliverables
- Advanced Solidworks modeling and 3D rendering skills a plus
- Experience creating and managing visual brand languages (VBLs) is a plus
- Evidence of professional success a plus (e.g. design awards, articles, reviews, patents)
- Strong mechanical design skills a plus
- Experience working with multiple product categories in parallel- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Background in system development / business requirements
- Project management experience
- User Acceptance Testing experience