The Strategy & Innovation (S&I) 12 week internship program offers talented college students an opportunity to develop retail leadership skills and gain hands-on experience in designing forward-thinking in-store experiences. The intern will be asked to look at the 3C’s (customers, competitors, and company) to improve the overall end-to-end shopping journey.
As part of the S&I team, you will be challenged to think out of the box and influence the design of new, customer-centric shopping experiences. The intern will also have an opportunity to develop a measurement program for new pilot initiatives as well.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES, AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations.
- Make recommendations to upper management.
- Provide comprehensive report out to merchandising senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
- Partnering cross-functionally to achieve goals
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Manager or Team Lead
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program in one of the following areas: Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Industrial Engineering, Operations, Communications, Merchandising, or Retail Studies
- Strong analytical skills;
- Process/detail oriented
- Project Management Experience
- Problem Solving Skills
- Time Management
- Planning and Organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Background in system development / business requirements
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!