Grow your career as a Packaging Innovation & Technology Intern with the Kellogg Company - where we believe in your success. You will gain valuable knowledge within the packaging discipline and enhance your technical and scientific knowledge. Engage with us and enrich yourself as you work for a company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an intern at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Supporting staff packaging engineers on medium to large projects involving retail and alternate channel package development, improved package designs, research, supply chain initiatives and cost savings projects
- Working independently as the lead packaging engineer on at least 1 small/medium project
- Coordinating and leading plant test trials
- Placing packaging material orders
- Performing and documenting package testing
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed at Kellogg, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Student pursuing B.S. or M.S. degree in a scientific in Packaging Science or related field
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA
• Excellent verbal, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills
• Must be able to commit to a 6 month internship (May - November 2017)
• Ability to work independently or as a team WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
This position may require domestic travel up to 50% of the time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.