has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Procurement Merchandiser Intern
to work with producers and Country Operations elevator staff. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Make contact with farmers updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, and grain programs.
- Work closely with Merchandiser personnel (i.e., grain merchants, grain buyers, the hedge desk and accountants) in exchange of information.
- Call out, or email bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Report and type all purchasing contracts quickly and accurately.
- Work with the elevator and office staff in the exchange of information to enhance the flow of grain.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of business.
- Gain knowledge of USDA grain standards.
- Learn facility layout and grain flow and assist with workload and logistical planning.
- Operate safely within CHS policy, procedure, and governmental regulation and fully participate in all safety programs.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year Agriculture degree program
- Previous Internship with Grain Procurement
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.