CHS Midwest Cooperative
has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Procurement Merchandiser / Grain Accounting & Operations
Intern to work with producers and Country Operations elevator staff. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Make contact with farmers updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, and grain programs.
- Work closely with Merchandiser personnel (i.e., grain merchants, grain buyers, the hedge desk and accountants) in exchange of information.
- Call out, fax, or email bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Report and type all purchasing contracts quickly and accurately.
Process grain loads for multiple locations, ensuring accurate applications to contract, timely payments and high level customer satisfaction.
Apply grain unloads to proper contracts for multiple locations to generate timely payment.
Review grain settlement documents, process grain checks, and balance contract bookings daily.
Verify contract confirmations and verify truck freight billings.
Assist customers with questions or issues related to their deliveries, contracts, applications, and web portal account.
Ensure that all documentation for every shipment is properly categorized and preserved
- Work with the elevator and office staff in the exchange of information to enhance the flow of grain.
- Operate Bulk weigher, unload trucks
- Grade grain and operate scale for inbound and outbound trucks
- Gain knowledge and understanding of business.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year Agriculture degree program
- Experience in grain marketing, grain operations and/or grain accounting
- Previous Internship with Grain Procurement
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.