Calling all innovators, big thinkers, world changers ……
Are you someone who wants to use your talents and education to build a vital career and touch the lives of patients around the world?
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to help people around the world live longer, healthier and happier lives.
With over $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 127,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices R&D team delivers value through creativity, deep clinical insights, technological expertise and excellence in execution. We offer highly innovative medical solutions and the best technologies that advance human health, reach more patients and restore more lives. We hold #1 or #2 market position in almost every segment of the medical devices industry in which we participate.
The DePuy Synthes Companies are part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices. We offer the world’s largest portfolio of orthopaedic and neurological products and services designed to advance patient care and deliver clinical and economic value globally. Since the 19th Century, the DePuy Synthes Companies have been committed to transforming the lives of patients worldwide through the delivery of value-added solutions. Inspired by the opportunity to help people return to living active and fulfilling lives, we bring surgeons and healthcare providers together to create value by increasing patient satisfaction, improving clinical outcomes and reducing costs.
The R&D Leadership Development Intern Program is a 12 week Internship with an emphasis in New Product Development. We offer exciting and unique departmental experiences supporting a wide variety of highly specialized teams such as Research and Development, New Product Development, Design and Bioengineering, Orthopaedic Test Laboratory, Manufacturing, Design Quality. Opportunity to work in a fast paced technologically advanced corporate environment. Program focused on developing individual engineers, capable of pursuing careers across medical device businesses and high volume manufacturers.
As an R&D LDP Intern you will:
- Join The DePuy Synthes Research and Development team in NA and will be located at one of our world’s leading orthopaedic development facilities, designed to stimulate innovation, communication, and collaboration so we may advance medical device solutions that deliver value for healthcare systems and improve people’s lives.
Based on location of assignment, Johnson & Johnson offers housing assistance to interns who live more than 50 miles from their work-site location. This housing assistance includes options for subsidized rent in a fully-furnished apartment close to the work-site location, or a stipend payment for candidates to use at their discretion. Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student's responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
- Candidates for the internship must be currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program during the internship assignment. The following Engineering disciplines are preferred; Mechanical, Design, Biomedical, Product engineering, Industrial Design, Materials, Biomaterials, Automotive and Aeronautical.
- Candidates must have the ability to work closely with technical and non-technical personnel and have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others. We are looking for candidates that have the ability to demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, intellectual curiosity and a pro-active approach to achieving success.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is also strongly preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship in the future.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Primary Location: North America, United States, Raynham, MA, Warsaw, IN and West Chester, PA
Organization: DePuySynthes Products Inc
Job Function: InternshipPrimary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOther Locations
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, North America-United States-Indiana-WarsawOrganization
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function