This opening is with Arconic - LaPorte Operations, a division of Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum, and titanium, primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com .
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic student to join our engineering team as Quality Engineer Interns and/or CoOps. Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries - such as aerospace, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.
Why join us? Your education is just beginning! Our interns / coops have the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Interns / coops are assigned projects based on their business unit specifications which will vary depending on location. Some of the highlights as a member of the team are business insights sessions with the Senior Leadership team across the organization, professional development opportunities, and plant tours, and social activities with other interns and colleagues. With over 50 locations across the US, there are opportunities to work in a variety places around the country. Internships typically run from May/June through August. What are we looking for? We look for interns with: • Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement • A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities • The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment • Willingness to take initiative to understand the business • An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills • Previous successful experience as an active member of a team • A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth • Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy For more information, and to apply for specific internship roles, visit http://careers.arconic.com/universityrelations.php . Basic Qualifications: • Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree program in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology • Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher • Relevant internship/work/research experienceBasic Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree program in Materials Science, Metallurgy, or Ceramics Engineering
- Must maintain a Cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- For coop candidates, must be enrolled in a coop program.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed or team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of investment casting manufacturing process a plus
- Relevant internship/work/research experience a plus