We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Continuous Improvement and Enterprise Optimization
CIEO focuses on how we can advance the quality and efficiency of what we do across our operations and around the world.
The objective of the Continuous Improvement and Enterprise Optimization group at United Airlines is to provide thought leadership and ground breaking research capabilities that challenge the status-quo, as well as to partner with the business units and delivery groups in order to create value through excellence in modeling and research. This group includes people with advanced degrees (MS or PhD) in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research and Engineering. The nature of work includes mathematical modeling, forecasting, scheduling, inventory theory, stochastic modeling, heuristic optimization, statistical modeling, financial modeling, data analysis and modeling, and game theory applications. The customer organizations include Aircraft Scheduling, Revenue Management, Technical Services (Maintenance), Crew Planning, Airport Operations and Operations Control Center.
Job overview and responsibilities
• Apply expertise in mathematical modeling, operations research, statistics, neural networks or forecasting areas.
• Work in one of several areas of focus including aircraft scheduling, revenue management, supply chain management, crew planning, operations or cargo.
• Interact with team leader to develop requirements and understand business problem related to a significant research problem of value to United. Formulate and define scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify an existing complex model.
• Analyze data sources, integrity and trends to inform the analysis and forecasting work.
• Develop prototype to solve the research problem, validate the prototype results and benchmark benefits.